- Davis, P., Magee, F., Koleva, K., Tangeras, T.M., Hill, E., Baker, H. & Crane, L. (2016)
What Literature Can Do: An investigation into the effectiveness of Shared Reading as a whole population health intervention
- Davis, P., Keidel, J., Gonzalez-Diaz, v., Martin, C., Thierry, G. (2012)
How Shakespeare tempests the brain: neuroimaging insights.
Cortex, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 21-64.
- Billington, J., Davis, P. & Farrington, G. (2014)
Reading as participatory art: An alternative mental health therapy.
Journal of Arts & Community, 5, 25-40. doi: 10.1386/jaac.5.1.25_1
- Davis, P., Billington, J., Corcoran, R., Gonzalez-Diaz, V., Lampropoulou, S., Farrington, G. & Magee, F.
Cultural Value: Assessing the intrinsic value of The Reader Organisation´s Shared Reading Scheme, E., 2014
- Oatley, K.:
Fiction: Simulation of Social Worlds
Trends in Cognitive Sciences, August 2016, Vol. 20, No. 8
- Billington, J., Carroll, J., Davis, P., Healey, C. & Kinderman, P. (2013).
A Literature-Based Intervention for Older People Living with Dementia.
Perspectives in Public Health. Special Issue, Arts and Health. doi: 10.1177/1757913912470052
- Billington, J., Humphreys, A.L., Jones, A. & McDonnell, K. (2014).
A literature-based intervention for people with chronic pain.
Arts & Health: An International Journal for Research, Policy and Practice. doi: 10.1080/17533015.2014.957330
- Billington J., Robinson J., et al. (2012)
Get into Reading as an intervention for common mental health problems: exploring catalysts for change.
Med Humanit doi:10.1136/medhum-2011-010083
- Billington J., Dowrick C., Hamer A., Robinson J. & Williams C. (2011)
An investigation into the therapeutic benefits of reading in relation to depression and well-being
- Steenberg (forthcoming). “Literary reading as cognitive remediation in formerly depressive patients”. Brief research report.
- Steenberg, M.(submitted 2013). “Bibliotherapy. A critical review of the field, its methods and results”. Arts and Health. An international Journal for Research, Policy and Practice
- Steenberg, M.(accepted 2013): Literary reading as a technology of the mind: An exploratory study on social forms of reading. In proceedings of Researching the Reading Experience”